August 24, 2011. 2:25pm. 11 lbs. 21.75 inches.
It’s amazing how a date can meaning nothing one year, and everything the next. My labour started August 23, and 22 hours later, we were holding our big baby boy.
In the last year:
– You have made us parents
– You have taught us patience
– You have shown us what unconditional love is
– You have taught us that 8 hours of sleep is a must, but it is possible to survive on 2
– You have brought purpose to our lives
– You have made us smile and laugh every day
I cannot begin to express the love, joy and happiness Maxton has brought to our lives. The past year has gone by in a blink of an eye, and I find myself in tears whenever I look back at photos and videos. Although I tried to live one day at a time, before I knew it, another month had passed. I could never have imagined the love I would have for my child and the joy he would bring to my life.
Each month I took a photo of Maxton with his monkey and blogged about what he had been up to. Let’s look back on each of those photos:
Last, but not least – Maxton’s 12 month photo:
It’s funny to see the changes month to month – I’m so glad I did monthly pictures!
At 12 months, Maxton:
– Has seven teeth and is brewing a molar
– Is not walking yet, but can sure make his way around quickly while holding on to whatever is close by
-Babbles all day long and has starting to say “ba-ba” while holding a ball (he’s getting there)
– Will sign “milk” when he wants it
– Loves to clap and blow kisses
– Loves sitting on the porch with Mama and Dada and pointing out the cars and airplanes
This little boy is such a blessing in our lives and brings joy to our hearts every day.
Happy 1st Birthday, Maxton! We love you so so so much! xo