On December 30, Everly turned five months.
It’s hard to believe she has been outside of my belly for five whole months!!!
December was a busy month with the holidays, which seemed to make time go by even faster.
Without further ado…
At five months:
– Everly is still hating tummy time. I can’t say it enough. She absolutely hates it. Flip her onto her back and she is happy as a clam
– She still likes to be rocked to sleep occasionally – and still likes to watch the dim-lit lights over my bedroom vanity
– She is a total chunky monkey! (I forgot to mention in her four month update that at her four-month doctor’s appointment she weighed 17.5lbs and was almost 27 inches! 90th percentile.)
– She loves her dolly, her stuffed Minnie Mouse she got in her stocking for Christmas, and the VTech bear: Cora. She goes CRAZY when she sees it.
– She is starting to pay a lot of attention to Maxton, and will even smile when he does something funny (he really appreciates this and will say “she’s laughin” or “she’s lookin at you” (which is what we say to him). I love watching them interact with each other.
– Her sleeping has gone down hill. So long 6+ hour stretches. She is up 2-3 times a night, more often 3. I am lucky to get four hours out of her now. I am hoping she figures out sleeping soon because I really DO NOT want to have to do sleep training again. She is also likes to wake within 35 minutes of going down, and then fighting me after. Apparently she thinks it should just be a late evening cat-nap. She also used to sleep until 9-9:30, which is no more like 6:30-7:30. Bluh. That being said, she needs a nap after 1.5 hours of being up. Don’t we all?
– She loves the car. She falls asleep even if she isn’t that tired, it seems. So different from Maxton in that regard. (PLEASE don’t let me have jinxed this.)
– She is easy to run errands with – as long as she is fed and changed, she is happy to go along. (Again, I hope I didn’t jinx it.)
– She still smiles with her tongue out – all the time. It’s one of my favourite things about her.
– She loves to give her Dada smiles, but if Mama isn’t around, she isn’t so nice…
– She loves to chew/suck on her fingers, especially her pointer finger. There is always more than enough drool that comes along with that.