There is no “30th of February” so Everly sort of skipped her 7-month birthday, but I didn’t. 🙂
Seven months. Crazy! I feel like time is slipping through my fingers, and no matter how hard I try to hold on to it, it continues to slip way. Seven months…
My girl is changing every day. She seems to be doing something new, or figuring out something adorable all of the time. If only she could figure out sleep…She is still a horrible sleeper. She is up at least 3-5 times a night. Never less than 3, sometimes 5 or 6 or 7 times. I find myself placing her in her crib, then immediately falling to the floor by her crib, out of exhaustion, laziness, and anticipation of the next time she wakes.
Everyone has moments of exhaustion, and everyone is tired, but seriously, if your kids sleep, you have no idea what it’s like. You’re expected by everyone to function 100% for an entire day following this endless cycle of up and down up and down, and it almost seems pointless at timse to go back to sleep, especially when Maxton is up through the night as well. Yawn.
Maxton was sleep trained by this point, but I don’t have the emotional strength to do it this time around, plus I didn’t have to worry about waking a toddler with him, either. So this is how it is for now. I am feeling myself wearing down each day – trying to be a good wife, Mom, homemaker, all while trying to build my business – then down the road, throw going to back to work in the mix. Yikes! It amazes me how important sleep really is in all aspects of life.
Anyways, you get the point, she is up a lot and I don’t sleep.
So, at seven months she:
– Weighs 21lbs (I may not sleep much but my arms are looking quite muscular these days).
– Rolls back to front all the time, but would rather cry and be saved then roll front to back. (This happens often through the night.)
– Sits very well, I always prop a nursing cushion behind her because she will still topple occasionally
– LOVES watching Maxton and often giggles at him while he’s playing
– Is a horrible eater, and by that I mean with solids. She is “okay” with cereal but is not a fan of anything really. She will eat maybe 2 tbsp of food a day and I really have to force it in. Everything is homemade and delicious in my opinion – she would say otherwise. Total opposite of Maxton, who opened his mouth wide for everything and was eating five times as much by this age. She is obviously thriving and by no means malnourished.
– She has two bottom teeth, both poked through just after the six month mark, and there are more brewing.
– She loves “Sophie the Giraffe” and will smile if she hears it squeak from another room
– She loves chewing on her toes, and I love seeing her do it!
– She has the cutest smile, still sticks her tongue out for most; and beams when Dada walks in the door after work
– She is very ticklish in multiple places
– Everything is da-da-da these days, a few ga-ga’s and ra-ra’s. Ma and mum come with the tears.
– She is starting to wake early like her brother, before 7am most days. She used to sleep until 8 or 9am…
Happy 7 Months, Everly! xo