March 30 marked eight months with our little cupcake! I feel like I blinked and the month of March went by. I know time will go by even fast once the nice weather really sets in – it always does.
Don’t ask about sleeping. I am choosing to skip over that torturous topic. I know, I know: I need to sleep train her – save your breath please.
– She sits unassisted, although not with her brother around because he thinks it’s fun to push her over…
– The last week or so she has been eating better. She is pretty picky when it comes to solids and isn’t really a big fan of any vegetable. She is doing better with fruits and cereals, so we are taking it one day at a time. I can’t even give her Mum-Mum crackers without her gagging and spitting up. She will get there. She is a lot better now then she was a month ago. She still doesn’t really eat much solid food in a day. I am lucky if I can get 1.5 cubes of homemade baby food in her a day.
– She LOVES other babies, or looking at herself in the mirror. She gets so excited and starts kicking her legs and flapping her arms – it’s very cute.
– She had her first dose of antibiotics, for an ear infection. Poor girl. Trying to get her to take them was torturous experience. There were a lot of tears, throwing up, and tight lips. I got some third degree about how I shouldn’t have taken her to the doctor so quickly and just let her get over it herself. Seriously? I think a kid crying in pain all night long and all morning, plus a fever is enough torture. I feel like I made the right choice. I am not the Mom who calls the doctor with every sniffle, but I know when something isn’t right with my kids. I know what is best for them.
– She started swimming lessons. Talk about a cute little fishy – She loves kicking and splashing!
– She isn’t crawling yet, nor is she really trying to. When I put her on all fours she will hang out there and look around, then end up on her belly, what can only be described as “swimming on land”.
– She tries to put anything and everything in her mouth. I am going to have to keep an extra close eye on this tiny girl, once she becomes more mobile
– She has 4 teeth: two on the top, and two on the bottom
– Her hair is growing so fast – mostly at the top. She has this little tuft of hair that keeps getting “poofier” (yes I said poofier)
Here we are at 8 months:
Happy 8 Months baby girl! xo