July 30, 2013 | 7:10am | 9lbs 1oz | 21 inches long
One year ago today, I became a Mommy of two. I will never forgot putting Maxton to bed, the night before my C-section. Overcome with tears as I closed his bedroom door, knowing the next time I saw him, our lives would be so much different, in an incredible way. Wondering if I would be bringing him home a little brother, or a little sister. Wondering if my heart would be able to love another child the same way I loved Maxton, and how there would be room in my heart for this to happen.
Let me tell you, as I lay on the operating table, listening to my OB walk me through the surgery, listening to her every word waiting to meet that little person “I see big shoulders and big cheeks. Here we go…It’s a…girl!” As she held her up for me to see, my heart swelled and I was overcome with love for my daughter.
That beautiful little chubby face. I couldn’t wait for Maxton to meet her. Even though he had no idea what it would really mean to have a baby sister, I knew he would love her just as much.
In the past year…
– You have made us a family of four
– You have given your big brother a forever-friend
– You have put a strain on our bank account with all of the cute clothing and accessories out there :p
– You have made us laugh every day
– You have shown me that it is possible to survive an entire year, without sleeping through the night once
It’s amazing how much a child grows and changes before your eyes in their first year…Here’s a couple more from today.
I have so much more to share with you. We had her Birthday Party, or should I say, “Tea Party” this past weekend, and we did her cake smash today. Stay tuned for those!
At twelve months…
– She is just shy of 24 pounds, and is 30 inches tall
– She is crawling, cruising along furniture, and can stand on her own. Just waiting for her to take her first few steps!
– She can say Mama, Dada, Bah (ball), Beebee (baby), Na-na (banana), no-no (obviously no, no), fan & isat (what’s that). She also babbles a lot in between!
– She loves to get into whatever her big brother is doing, she loves bubble guppies, all of her dolls, and the little kitchen
– She still does not sleep through the night
– She loves scrambled eggs, mortadella and raspberries
– She has eight teeth, and it wouldn’t surprise me if I saw a molar any day now
– She likes to wave, play peek-a-boo, dance, blow kisses, clap and point
– She loves animals and goes crazy when a commercial with a dog or cat comes on
– I am squeezing her into the few size four diapers we have left
Oh sweet girl, where did the time go…You are growing up so quickly, if only I could slow time.
We love you so much!
Happy 1st Birthday, Everly! xo