Here we are, one month away from her first birthday (July 30). I have no idea how that happened – but I am very emotional these days when thinking about it. It feels like I was just changing this tiny little baby, and now I have to pin her down to change her diaper and dress her…
It feels as though she has grown and changed the most in the past month. She is becoming a little person with her voice, actions, movements and everything in between.
– She walks around the ottoman or table, and has even let go for a few seconds before falling on her bum.
– She has eight teeth and is working on a couple of molars. I haven’t checked in the last few days, so one may have already broken gum.
– She says Mama and Dada, “ma” for Maxton, “bah” for ball, “fan” obviously for fan, and will say “beebee” for her new baby doll. There is also a lot of babbling in between. “Dobi dobi”, “dis”, “da” “gah” (that was Maxton’s favourite for a LONG time. You can read about that here), etc. Sometimes she needs to shout to make sure she is heard over her ever-so-vocal big brother.
– She loves to climb the stairs
– She can wave and clap on demand, and when we say “How big is Everly?”, she reaches her arms up over her head “soooo big”, we say.
– She loves to crawl around and get into whatever Maxton is doing – which often results in a lot of “No Ethovey, that’s mine!” *push*
– She dances from side to side and shakes her head when you ask her to dance – it’s very cute.
– She LOVES her baby, lamb (lambie) and any stuffed animal. She squeezes them tight until she starts to shake. So adorable.
– The whole sleep training thing was a disaster – the technique we used for Maxton didn’t work on her because 1. She is a human firecracker 2. He was only six months, and therefore not as wise at that age. She is slightly better – a good night I’m only up twice in a 11-12 hour period; last night was four times. She has never once in her entire life slept 10 + hours straight (fun fact for all of you who think getting up once a night is a pain in the butt). She still naps twice a day.
– She is quite the little chubster, and I am trying to use up the size four diapers I have left
– She is obsessed with the movie Frozen, and the TV show Bubble Guppies – she LOVES both (thanks to Maxton’s obsession with them). She will even take the convertor (remote) and point it to the TV. I imagine she is asking for us to put one of the two on. How quickly they pick up on things, and at such a young age…
– She loves other babies and animals. She starts chirping and yelling whenever she sees either
So here is my little cupcake at eleven months…
I could just eat her up.
I am in the middle of planning her first birthday party, and will be posting along the way.
Happy 11 Months, Everly. xo